Susan's Reviews > 11/22/63

11/22/63 by Stephen King

I absolutely loved this book. I listened to the audio book and now that I have finished it, I miss it. The ironic think is that I have never read a Stephen King book before. I am not at all a fan of horror. I am, however, spellbound by the concept of time travel. Stephen King is a great storyteller and even when the plot was diverging from the main character's purpose for time travel, I found the the plot interesting and involving. Jake (alias George) goes back in time to try to stop the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Although I don't agree with his reasoning as to why this would improve the world, and I don't necessarily agree with the consequences as they are delineated in the book, the time period he goes back to is MY time period. The assassination of JFK was the major event of my childhood (I seem to have passed with obliviousness through the Cuban Missile Crisis, remembering only one comment on the subject made by my father), and the events surrounding that particular day are burned into my brain.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 11/22/63.