Giselle at Book Nerd Canada's Reviews > Dearly, Beloved

Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel

Apr 02, 15

bookshelves: favorites, 2012, requested-for-review, arc-electronic, bought-in-store, own, from-netgalley
Read from July 26 to 29, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I just have to say there are a ton of characters in this book. So many that sometimes I don’t even remember who is who. To add to my confusion some of them have nicknames! So once a character does something I remember, that’s when it clicks into place. Multiple viewpoints in this one just like the first one so I have to say I loved it. I love knowing the inner workings and feelings of Nora, and Bram, but also of Vesterpine and Michael. Two sides with two very different goals. Nora is just as kick-ass as she was in the first book, and why wouldn’t she be? She still doesn’t let Bram walk all over her, and that’s saying something when your boyfriend is a zombie.

There’s a lot of plot going on. A lot. I can even give you an example. If you’ve ever seen any of Christopher Nolan’s movies, you’ll understand. There’s a plot with these bunch of characters, which also correspond with another set of characters, then in the end, it’s all seamlessly brought back together again. That’s how I can describe Dearly, Beloved‘s plot. It weaves so many characters together with an intricate plot, that you can’t help but want to read again, so you wouldn’t miss anything! Love it.

Truly an amazing tale! Steam punk meets zombies? How can you go wrong? Lia Habel, please come to Canada and do a signing.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dearly, Beloved.

07/12/2012 page 9
2.0% "Starting this already! I can't wait!"