Kara Cabarle's Reviews > Across the Universe

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in January, 2012

Dystopian slash mystery slash sci-fi. A three in one page-turner book!

I don't usually read science fiction books but this book made me a sci-fi bookworm! Frankly, I was puzzled by its first few chapters. It was hard for me to understand and to get to know the characters. As I flipped those pages, I realize that this book was really brilliant!

I love her idea of making Godspeed, an airship floating in the universe searching for Centauri-Earth. The ship's structure was amazing! All those narrow halls, locked rooms and big dome ceilings with fake stars. It made me love the book!

The story line was well made. The twists and revelations each chapter was breath taking. I love and hate at the same time how the author put two different point of views in the book. (If you have read, Crossed by Ally Condie she used the same technique.) She put Amy and Elder's point of view taking turns each chapter and again I was a little puzzled but it played an important role in the novel's totality.

I must say I'll give this book a 4.5 stars out of 5! (But, I rounded it off and gave it a 5 of 5 stars instead, haha!) Hmmm, I heard that its second installment was just released! Surely when you've read this book, you will yearn for its second book, A Million Suns wanting for more! It was indeed worth reading!
1 like · Likeflag

01/11/2012 page 35
01/14/2012 page 133
33.0% "The story's getting interesting! Horay for a progress! :)"
01/15/2012 page 330
83.0% "Can't handle anymore those compelling revelations! Can I finish this tonight? Stoked!"
show 1 hidden update…