Jen 's Reviews > Forever

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Dec 31, 2011

Read from December 23 to 27, 2011

Linger did not end on a good note for me. Yet, Maggie Stiefvater's writing still draws me in, no matter what the story is. And I still loved Sam and Grace. So I knew I had to pick up Forever, the conclusion to Sam and Grace, and the wolves of Mercy Falls. I am so grateful that I did so, because the resolution of the trilogy did not disappoint. Forever was filled with heartbreak, friendship, and some hardcore action.

The plot of the book was more to the point and straightforward. Tom Culpeper, Isabel's father, has decided that he wants to eliminate the entire pack of wolves in Mercy Falls. By using helicopters. And not only does it set tension for the wolves and Sam, but they have two weeks to come up with a plan on how to escape. Also, Grace, Sam's beloved, is stuck their in the woods, as a wolf. I must admit, the story line was a bit slow-paced in some parts of the book, but the near ending, it really picked up. The scene where the wolf pack hunt goes on, my heart was skipping beats and my eyes wouldn't slow down, I had to know what was going to happen. It definitely made up for the slow-paced scenes. Though the plot was great, the characters were even better.

I have always loved Sam. From Shiver, he was a kind and gentle creature. His eyes made it all the more sad. Sam will always have a special place in my heart. He is not a forgettable character. I always loved Grace. I loved her brilliance, her wise comments. Grace and Sam are meant to be. Cole and Isabel were not my favorites when they were first introduced. I thought they were both shallow and careless. Just two teenagers who hooked up. But in Forever, I finally understood their meaning of their importance. As their relationship grew, I discovered that I loved both. They proved to be earnest and trustworthy. I found myself constantly surprised with Cole's actions. I loved it.

Do I have to, yet again, rave about Maggie Stiefvater's writing? I can't seem to get enough of it. The scenery described awes me every single time and she always takes me into the story with Sam and Grace. It's astounding on what she can do.

All things considered, Forever was a great conclusion to The Wolves of Mercy Falls series. Even though the story is left open-ended, it is strangely satisfying. Sam and Grace's story was phenomenal and delightfully beautiful, and highly, highly recommended.

Forever is now out!

Source: Library

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever.

12/23/2011 page 40
10.0% "Much better than Linger. Phew."
12/27/2011 page 330
85.0% "I don't really want this series to end."
show 4 hidden updates…