Katelyn's Reviews > Honey, I love

6192669
Dec 09, 11

Read in December, 2011

1. Poetry

2. This is a beautiful and rhythmic poem about all the things a little girl loves in her life.

3. A- The illustrations are endearing and warm, they help bring the words to life.

B- This is a good, positive, appropriate, and strong poetry book for young readers! The theme is positive because it is based on very simple things to love or enjoy in life. All children will be able to relate to at least one thing described in this book. I found the repetition to be appropriate because it was not overwhelming. This format was different then most poetry books, and I thought this was a good thing because it reveals how simple poetry can be.

C- One example I thought was really sweet was when the little girl describes what she loves about playing dolls with Renee. “Honey, let me tell you that I LOVE the laughing sound I love to make the laughing sound.”

4. This could tie into a reading or writing lesson. The book could be used for a poetry lesson, but it can also be used when discussing repetition or rhyme.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honey, I love.