Shelly Crane's Reviews > Inescapable

Inescapable by Amy A. Bartol

Feb 27, 14

bookshelves: best-books
Read in May, 2012

I really, really enjoyed this book.

Amy's writing is beautiful. And her characters have depth and meaning and I cared about them.

For me this wasn't really a love triangle (Which I normally don't enjoy at all) but for me, the way Amy set it up and worked it, it didn't seem love triangly to me. I loved Reed one minute and then was done with him, and then loved him again. And Russell...honestly, I usually have one guy who is MY guy in a book. There's no gray lines or maybes, it's one way or the other, but...I don't know.

Maybe it's because, really, Evie never gave Russell a real chance. There was no cheating or whatever, it was just Reed and that was it. But I love Russell. The fact that they are soul mates and she still chose Reed kinda made me cringe a little! lol Just because I write soul mate books and that would never happen.

It's definitely a new take on the concept and I'm definitely intrigued how the Reed\Russell\Evie deal will play out. If I had to pick now, I'd pick Russell,(Though by the end I was completely in love with Mr. Reed) but I'm not sure if that's just about the soul mate thing or just because Russell was a sweet, southern boy and I'm all about that ;) Amy wrote him very well.

Overall, I was perplexed, sighing, growling and even crying at my kindle over this book. Such an awesome story by an awesome author. I'll definitely be picking up book two.

5 torn, sweet, I want red mini-wings myself, stars from me.
39 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inescapable.

05/02/2012
46.0% "Reed....sigh....." 16 comments
05/03/2012
57.0% 4 comments
05/05/2012 page 300
76.0% 6 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Karla Great series!!!

Emily I know right. Reed is awesome! He is so sweet. Well I guess it depends on where you are in the book.

Karla Lol! Emily I'm so torn by all the lover lovers!!! I'm sick I know but I'm infatuated with even the evil guys! Lol. Amazing books.

Sara Now hurry and read the next 2 books!!

Tatiana Wait till you read the others in the series #youwillLOVEthemALL!!!

Kelli You have just found the substitute to Rocky Road.... okay, maybe thats just me. But it rocks!

Sara I am so happy to find people that love these as much as me! No one I know has read them.

Jennifer I'm on book 3 and I feel the same about the Russell/Reed thing. I just feels like Russell is getting short changed. Book 2 made me feel for Russell even more. Reed is hot don't get me wrong, but Russell there's just got to be more.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

One of my favorite series! I want Russell to myself since Evie isn't giving him the time of day ;)

message 10: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I didn't really feel it was a triangle either. But throughout the series she brings in a few guys that you definitely have mixed feelings for, but don't necessarily feel like they should be with Evie.

message 11: by Ali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ali well now i definatly gotta read it!

message 12: by Holly (new) - added it

Holly I think I may read this now. I don't care for love triangles so you made this sound a lot more appealing

message 13: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn This book was really a great read! I am quite with you on the emotion said of rooting for one character, sighing, growling & crying too. Cannot wait to read the rest of the books

Shelly Crane It was good. Looking forward to book two!

message 15: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I was always in Camp Reed! :)

Marianna Just wait until the future books it becomes an unexpected love square.....

message 17: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Oh, yay, five stars!! I'm starting this one as soon as I finish Eden, so I'm looking forward to it even more now!! =)

Susan Alonso wait til you read the next books you will be even more confused but in a very good way...!!! all though i love reed i do love russell as well hes such a great character!!!

Shelly Crane :-)

Maddy I agree 100%

Helen Where did the sizzle go with the main couple? It started out great, but they seem like more friends than "lovers" ?? I hope the 2nd book steps it up a bit..

message 22: by Arya (new) - added it

Arya I don't understand how she figured out he was an angel after just seeing a picture... how does that make sense?

Mahogany Did anyone love this book as much as I did?!

Tunjung Pertiwi I still prefer your writing style. My brain hurts trying to understand this book.