Marcia Berg Haskell's Reviews > The Next Always

The Next Always by Nora Roberts

Dec 09, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, mystery, romance, series
Read from October 02 to 05, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

"The historic hotel in Boonsboro has endured war and peace, changing hands, even rumored hauntings. Now it’s getting a major facelift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother. Beckett is the architect of the family, and his social life consists mostly of talking shop over pizza and beer. But there’s another project he’s got his eye on: the girl he’s been waiting to kiss since he was fifteen.

After losing her husband and returning to her hometown, Clare Brewster soon settles into her life as the mother of three young sons while running the town’s bookstore. Busy, with little time for romance, Clare is drawn across the street by Beckett’s transformation of the old inn, wanting to take a closer look . . . at the building and the man behind it.

With the grand opening inching closer, Beckett’s happy to give Clare a private tour - one room at a time. It’s no first date, but these stolen moments are the beginning of something new - and open the door to the extraordinary adventure of what comes next"

Usually I get caught in any book Nora Roberts writes. With this book, my reaction was more bland. It was an interesting story but I didn't find myself so drawn in that I had to keep reading. I haven't taken the time to analyze my reaction to this book, but will figure it out when I reread it before the 2nd book in the series comes out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Next Always.