Mara's Reviews > The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance

Dec 11, 11

bookshelves: dnf, romance
Recommended for: no one
Read from December 09 to 11, 2011 — I own a copy

Short stories are difficult to write. They have to be logical, have meaningful characters and plot in a short, short space.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find more than a bunch of novel authors who are good at writing short stories too.

I could not finish at least a third of the stories, I remember even less than those. They either are part of series I do not know (and can't understand in a short story) or they are a prologue to a series (and you have a wtf moment at the end). But honestly I can't save as "good enough" more than a few on 22...

There is no common theme to the stories (except being some form of romance, and I use the term loosely). And I guess it doesn't help.

I had bought the anthology because of the Lilith Saintcrow' Selene. I expected it to be the story of Selene return to Saint City and how she comes back to Nikolai. Unfortunately, it tells half the story. (Or maybe it just seems too short ...).

I consider this a waste of my money.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance.

12/10/2011
24.0% "As usual, I'm disappointed in some stories and hate others. Very, very few stands out as good enough."