Becs 's Reviews > The Darkest Kiss

The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter

Dec 11, 11

bookshelves: alpha-hero, demons, kindle, mythology, scarred-heroes, tattooed-hero, cover-lust-i-has-it
Recommended to Becs by: Goodreads
Read from December 09 to 11, 2011

Wow, this was infinitely better than the first book and I enjoyed that one regardless. The first one was world-creating and this one took it much, much further. I'm absolutely loving all the Greek Mythology intertwined in these stories.

This one centred around Lucien, keeper of Death, and Anya (his lobster!), Goddess of Anarchy. We first met Anya in The Darkest Night during her role in freeing Maddox from his death curse and Lucien, of course, is the scarred, odd eyed Immortal Warrior - leader of the Budapest Warriors.

Anya is deeply attracted to Lucien, Lucien can't understand why but is commanded by Cronus, King of the Titans, to kill Anya for secrets she holds dear. At first Lucien is going to carry out that command but, slowly, he begins to fall in love with Anya and finds he cannot.

Their story will take you 'flashing' all over the world in their pursuit for the one thing that can stop Cronus from insisting Lucien carries out his task.

In the meantime, the newly reunited Greek and Budapest Warriors are searching for Pandora's Box or clues that may lead them there. Aeron is still crazed with his desire to kill Danika and her family, Reyes feels deeply for Danika and won't allow him and Paris is still shagging his way through eternity although that will lead for some dire consequences here and I actually felt sorry for him by the end of the story. We even get a little glimpse of Maddox and Ashlynn enjoying their HEA with some joyous news.

I've read a lot of reviews that compare these stories to J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood but, while there are similarities, this is a whole new complex world and deserves to stand up there as one of the most popular urban fantasy series.

5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Kiss.