Linda Branham Greenwell's Reviews > Headhunters

Headhunters by Jo Nesbø

Dec 09, 11

bookshelves: mystery-crime

When I first started reading the book I was unsure if I would like it - Corporate headhunters are just not interesting to me :)
BUT I continued reading because I do like Jo Nesbo's books
Roger Brown, the lead headhunter in Jo Nesbo's book, works for an Oslo employment agency that recommends candidates for top management positions.

Roger's wife, Diana, is beautiful and Roger does everything he can to keep her happy. She runs an art gallery that is losing money. Roger needs to supplement his headhunting pay; he steals expensive works of art.

Roger is a cocky, experienced headhunter and this story revolves around when he finally meets his match. A job candidate, Clas Grever, with ulterior motives manipulates him, leading him down a treacherous path. When Roger interviews Greve for a major position in a corporation that makes sophisticated GPS devices, including some so tiny that they can be hidden in gels, he discovers that Clas Greve is his job candidate from hell, pushing back and eventually seizing the initiative. Soon every aspect of Roger's life is threatened, and no holds are barred.
It is funny - witty and complicated
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Headhunters.