Vickie Ramage's Reviews > Slated

Slated by Teri Terry

May 20, 12

Read from May 01 to 02, 2012

The biggest surprise when I started reading this book was that Slated is set in England. I wasn't expecting it, as I had this idea that English Dystopian stories were pretty small, not as action packed as out American friends. I was wrong. Slated is BIG story and full of action and a whole bucketful of suspense, too. I read it in two sittings, only stopping because of an annoying need to eat stuff.

Kyla is different. This is a sentence which is used often throughout the story and it's true too - instead of being a happy, smiling, slightly vegetable like Slated, she has her own thoughts and feelings. Even Ben, who is wants to stop the Government and what they're doing, has difficulty saying no to a non-Slated. Well, he'd pass out if he tried but you get what I mean.

My opinion on quite a few characters changed after I'd read more about them, particularly Kyla's Mum and Dad. In fact, I can't think of one character that was cardboard, which is pretty amazing. I don't think that has happened before. Even characters that are really minor, like Nurses, seem to have something about them that makes them real.

There's so much that happens in this that I can't wait to find out in the next book. The ending took a sudden and surprising turn after some MAJOR EVENTS and I have a list a mile long of Things That I Hope Will Be Covered In The Next Book. I hope to see more of Dr Lysander too, as she changed my mind about her as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slated.

05/01/2012 page 160