Thomas Knight's Reviews > Preying Angels

Preying Angels by Jeff Davis

Jan 20, 12

Read from December 09, 2011 to January 20, 2012

Jeff Davis is a friend of mine, and I picked this book up for that reason. It's the first crime novel I've ever picked up, and let me tell you, this man can tell a story.

The plot is well thought out, albeit a little predictable, and the characters are well developed and interesting.

What keeps me from giving it a higher rating? Well, the writing itself was a little rough. Some scenes switch abruptly, and it gets a little confusing sometimes to keep track of where and when I am in the book. If you're a nit-picker, this may not be the book for you.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a good crime novel, Jeff certainly delivers. Despite being a little predictable, the last 25% of the novel is a total page-turner. I could barely put it down. The writing definitely improves towards the end, and it's quite gripping.

Overall, I would recommend this as a fairly relaxed read, and hopefully Jeff's next book will show the same improvement in writing that this one did. What we have here, is an author to watch very closely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Preying Angels.