Mike Jensen's Reviews > Out of Sight

Out of Sight by Elmore Leonard

Dec 09, 2011

it was ok
Read in January, 2004

A criminal puts a stunning-as-a-model Federal Marshalin the trunk of a car, and muses about someone who looks like that being so close. That is the highpoint of this book. It is an inner moment that exactly captures the way that men think. The rest of improbable gobbley-gook, and the crook and the Marshall fall in lust and then in love, and both need to work out what they will do about that and the problem of the cook’s compatriots. I did not find the story or the characters believable. There is a certain excitement to the plot, but there is not enough here to recommend the book, and a certain interest in seeing Leonard twist his own cliché, that cliché being a man to man confrontation between the main good guy and the most dangerous bad guy that builds through the story, and make the woman the good guy which changes the competition and makes it a bad guy and a badder guy confrontation. The book already has pleased Leonard’s legion of fans. The rest of us will find a better way to spend our time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Sight.