Eva's Reviews > Cop Out

Cop Out by K.C. Burn

Dec 10, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, mm-romance, adult, netgalley-read
Read on December 10, 2011

3.75 Stars

Cop Out is my first read by author K.C. Burn and I really enjoyed it. I found the characters to be believable and enjoyed the story line. Although the emotional aspect of the book was through the roof, I think it was exceptionally well done. I am not usually a big fan of M-M romance books, but Cop Out is definitely an exception for me.

I adored Kurt, the main character and detective. He was such a "good" guy through and through. I had so much respect for him and felt emotionally tied to him and his struggles in understanding himself. By the conclusion of the book Kurt had come to terms with who he was as a person and dealt with it in a refreshingly honest way.

Although there was some action in the book, I was expecting a bit more since it was obviously a "cop book." The few police scenes were short and not on the detailed side. The book was more about the emotions and feelings of the characters and not about being a cop or detective. I think a few more action scenes added in would have made the book more interesting and appealing to a wider audience. As it is written it is singularly a gay romance story... which is all fine and good... I just personally would have liked to have a bit more diversity in the plot.

On the subject of gay romance, I personally would not classify this book as erotica. There are only a few sexual scenes in the entire book and they weren't written in vivid detail like many others in the erotica genre. I did not shelf this book with my erotica books, and instead shelved it with the adult romance books.

Ms. Burn did an excellent job of character development with only a few minor glitches (or short-comings) in the plot/storyline. I really enjoyed Cop Out and will be keeping an eye on future books by Ms. Burn.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cop Out.