Yianna Yiannacou's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

May 29, 12

Recommended for: Everyone!!
Read from May 25 to 28, 2012, read count: 1

I honestly do not know where to begin with this book. I was so hesitant to read it at first but I couldn’t fight off the pull any longer since it seems that this book is all everyone is talking about. I took a leap of faith and began to read. I couldn’t get over the fact that I had already read the first chapter when it was titled Master of the Universe – a Twilight fan fiction. I almost wanted to put it down but I pushed myself to read father, and boy am I ever glad that I did!

This book is about young Anastasia Steele who has to interview a very wealthy businessman because her friend Kate is too sick to do it. Ana volunteers and when she meets this business man – Christian Grey – she cannot get over how stunningly handsome he is and the way he makes her feel – down there (as she writes). It turns out that he feels the same way about her. Christian couldn’t get enough of Anastasia. She learns more about him as the book goes on.

It is called Fifty Shades of Grey because Christian Grey’s moods can change with every breath that he takes. Ana learns of his kinky side which includes the Red Room of Pain. He is a kinky bastard, plain and simple but there is a reason he is like that. He was adopted into a loving family but before that he was a little child of a crack whore mother who barely took care of him. Anastasia cannot accept the lavish gifts he gets for her even though all he wants is to make her happy. Anastasia is torn throughout the entire book whether or not she should stay with Grey and his sex-filled ways or run for the hills. I love the emails they send between one another. Keep an eye on Greys title when he writes off. Sometimes it changes and I can’t help but smile whenever I read them.

It was decently written and I found a few mistakes, but other than that, I was satisfied with my read. I have to read the next book now. What can I say, I’m hooked!
1 like · likeflag