Joy's Reviews > Away From Me

Away From Me by Sophie Oak

2711937
Dec 11, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, erotic-fiction, contemporary-romance, bdsm
Read from December 09 to 10, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Of all the Sophie Oak books I've read, this has to be the heaviest and most angsty one. It's just a short BDSM-themed story but Cal didn't win any points from me even until the end. I'm partial to Gaby I know and she has been through a lot.

She's really smart in manipulating the circumstances where she could leave Cal because she needed to go into chemotherapy. We only find this out ten months after their separation when she attends Greg's party (Greg and Cal are friends and business partners, Heather is Greg's wife and sub, also Gaby's best friend). She's slimmer and had a boob job, and Cal's jealousy got the better of him. I hate what he did to her that evening.

Gaby is really a strong woman and a good manager. In her remission, she is now the manager of Decadent, Greg's sex resort and she's good at it too, her staff loves her and everything is running smoothly. She's best friends with her murse (male nurse) Chris and he's gay.

There are a few sex scenes here, mostly in favor of Cal and that I did not like. I felt that he should've groveled more. Even the happy ending didn't do it for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Away From Me.

12/10/2011