Jessica *The Lovely Books*'s Reviews > The Scarlet Dagger

The Scarlet Dagger by Krystle Jones

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from December 08 to 13, 2011

What can I say, i absolutely loved this book from beginning to end. It was a nice new storyline with an amazing twist at the end.

It started off with Sloane, a human girl who is searching for her twin brother after he had gotten bitten by a vampire three years earlier. Instead of getting closer to finding him, she gets herself captured by a vampire, Aden, who takes her upon seeing the Mark of the Creator on her body. But Aden isn't like any vampire, he is human like aside from the fangs and craving blood when needed. Soon, Sloane finds herself in a predicament, she is now a vampire too.

The vampires have a secret city that they had built underground and all sloane wants to do is go home and warn everybody what the vampires are up to. To wipe out the human race! With every good vampire story, we have to have a love storyline, right?

Who falls in love, you wonder? Well looks like you will have to read the book to find out! The romance in the story was sweet and fun. I found myself giggling and gettting all happy inside. Weird, I know!

Besides the beautiful romance, it does has some action. Not much, but I am sure that will all change once we get more into the second book. Which by the way, I can't wait to read.

What I Hated From The Book:

Her mother! Wow, her mother is horrible, I would hate to have that woman as my mom. Thats mean to say but what she did to Sloane..It was sad! Whatever happened to family loyalty? Ugh, I hope we don't see her face in the next book, but sadly we probably will.

My favorite character from the book was Angel. She was beautiful along with pure and innocent. And judging by the end of the book, I hope and pray she lives. She has been good to Sloane and she is also very kind hearted. People like he don't deserve what is happening to her.

If you are looking for a thrilling read with love, betrayal, and a little bit of mystery, then I suggest you read this book. Amazing, amazing, amazing!!!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scarlet Dagger.

12/08/2011 "Really good so far. Loving Aden."
12/10/2011 page 150
59.0% "This totally just made a reference to twilight!!! Lol. More like made fun of. Love it."
show 1 hidden update…