Kathleen's Reviews > Twinkle's Weekend Knits: 20 Fast Designs for Fun Getaways

Twinkle's Weekend Knits by Wenlan Chia

Dec 08, 11

bookshelves: do-it-yourself, knitting, non-fiction
Read in December, 2011

I guess if I were Blossom and this was 1993, maybe some of the things in this book would be appealing to me. However, I am most definitely not blossom and it's damn near 2012. Why is it so hard to find knitting projects that are actually stylish things I might want to wear? Just because I like to knit doesn't mean that I'm completely out of touch with contemporary style. This book did not help me find things I might be interested in making.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twinkle's Weekend Knits.

message 1: by Gina (new)

Gina I know. It's super hard to find things to knit in books. If you haven't checked out ravelry yet, you should. It's a website that aggregates patterns that are posted on the web including ones from smaller blogs. You can find more contemporary stuff there. www.ravelry.com

Kathleen thanks for the tip! however, you told me about ravelry this summer. i am currently in the middle of making a bag from a pattern from there. we should totally be ravelry friends.

Gina wrote: "I know. It's super hard to find things to knit in books. If you haven't checked out ravelry yet, you should. It's a website that aggregates patterns that are posted on the web including ones from s..."

message 3: by Gina (new)

Gina way to go past gina for stealing future gina's thunder! hahaha, we totally should be!