Leila's Reviews > Funny Valentine

Funny Valentine by Amy Jenkins

Aug 10, 08

bookshelves: read-in-english, own, lovestory, chick-lit, europe
Recommended for: those who want to read a light, funny and romantic novel, chick-lit
Read in August, 2003 — I own a copy, read count: 1

When I picked up this novel, I was young, curious and bored. The cover looked promising for it was colourful and it suggested humor and romance. The summary looked fairly interesting as well. So I decided to give it a read and I enjoyed the reading experience very much.

It is like a typical romantic comedy movie except that it is a book. Amy Jenkins write quirky and fun. There were several one-liners that made me laugh out loud. The story is a bit cliche - A London girl falls for a big movie star and then needs to deal with all its consequences - but then again, that is nice.

Because sometimes, we all need a bit of cliche. Sometimes, we all need something fluffy and warm and funny, something that we know will probably never happen so easily but is still a heck of a lot of fun to read.

Memorable quotes that I like
"How bad does it have to be before you do something about it?"

"They say you’re meant to live everyday as if it were your last, which I’ve always thought was daft, since no one would ever pay the gas bill if that was the case, but what if it were your first?"

"Oh I believe in loving cats and dogs and children and parents – sometimes – but I don’t believe in romantic love. Of course, there’s the momentary rush of hormones and chemicals that encourages us to mate, but it’s biology – it’s no more inherently mystical than the nicotine in that cigarette you’re smoking"
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Funny Valentine.

Quotes Leila Liked

“They say you’re meant to live everyday as if it were your last, which I’ve always thought was daft, since no one would ever pay the gas bill if that was the case, but what if it were your first?”
Amy Jenkins, Funny Valentine

“How bad does it have to be before you do something about it?”
Amy Jenkins, Funny Valentine