Laurie Garrison 's Reviews > Risking Eternity

Risking Eternity by Gwenan Haines

Dec 08, 2011

bookshelves: author-request, requests, time-travel-romance, urban-fantasy
Read in December, 2011

This novella took me by surprise. I really enjoyed reading it and I liked how Jack the Ripper was tied into the story. Now, from a paranormal romance reader stand point there are some issues. This reads more like an Urban Fantasy because there’s no Happy Ever After (HEA) or a Happy for now (HFN) ending. The thing is this is a trilogy so I hope to see more romance grow between these two in future books because I'm not feeling the love from these two like I’d like too. Now, I have you asking why I rated this 4 right;) The biggest reason is I loved the writing style and it's a darker romance than most that you don't get in most romance books. There are some loose ends that I think will be fulfilled as the series continues. This author has a lot of talent and I look forward to reading more of her work in the future.

While Valentin wants to deny his feelings and borderlines on hating Hayden he ends up getting all tied up with her while trying to catch the killer. When things get heated he just has to have her. Hayden is strong and wants to catch the killer, what she doesn’t know is she might be the one that is caught up in the middle more than she knows.
I liked reading the characters even the villain. I recommend this to those who wants more hard core vampires.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Risking Eternity.