Melissa 's Reviews > Hare Moon

Hare Moon by Carrie Ryan

Dec 08, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, teen-dystopian-future, teen-post-apocalyptic-fiction, with-reviews
Recommended for: Fans of the series
Read on December 08, 2011, read count: 1

In Ryan's first book The Forest of Hands and Teeth we meet Sister Tabitha. Now in Hare Moon we finally see the story behind the egnimatic sister. It is story of love loss and impossible choices.

I love Carrie Ryan's books. In my opinion they are some of the best teen horror out there. I never pictured myself as a person who would enjoy zombie books, but Ryan's writing is brilliant. Her stories elicit the inherent fear that the image of the zombie is supposed to evoke.

While I love her novels, I found myself wishing for more from this short story. I wanted to know Tabitha's family, her relationships in the village, and all the details of her life that would lead her to her ultimate choice. I think knowing that would have helped me better understand this character. Unlike her novels I felt that I was told the story rather than experiencing it the way you do in her other work.

Overall this was an interesting foray into one of the side stories of this series. I did like seeing how similar Mary and Tabitha actually were. Definitely worth reading, but it left me wishing for more.

Cautions for sensitive readers: violence.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hare Moon.