BJ's Reviews > Ice Study

Ice Study by Maria V. Snyder

Dec 08, 2011

bookshelves: adventure, fantasy, historical, magic
Read in October, 2011 , read count: 1

*Note: this is a novella written for the fans of the Study and Glass series, not a full length book*

Ice Study is a great short story. I loved the study series and Ice Study brought me right back into it. I wish Maria would write more books in this world! I loved that half of the story was from Valek's perspective. Though it was a quick read, Ice Study was still packed with action and humour. I would suggest reading it when your are done with the two series as it might spoil some plot points for you if you read it earlier. Chronologically it fits between Fire Study and Storm Glass.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ice Study.

Merve Özcan Really fans wrote this short stories? First one?

message 2: by BJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

BJ Merve wrote: "Really fans wrote this short stories? First one?"

No, Maria wrote them as a thank you for the fans.

Merve Özcan ohh okay :) Thank you :D

Moyomoyo I don't know if you've checked out her other books, since your review is a year old. but I thought you'd like to know that Maria does write more books in that world. It's her Glass Series. :)

message 5: by BJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

BJ Moyomoyo wrote: "I don't know if you've checked out her other books, since your review is a year old. but I thought you'd like to know that Maria does write more books in that world. It's her Glass Series. :)"

*update* Yes, I have read the Glass Series too, and in Maria's newsletter she confirmed that she has signed on to write another trilogy in this world. I am so excited!

Moyomoyo OH! YEY! that, i didn't know. thanks for the news. I'm excited now too. :D