Wendy Darling's Reviews > Poison

Poison by Bridget Zinn
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poison.

Kyra (Blog of a Bookaholic) I want to read this book! Are you enjoying it? The main character has my name! :p

Wendy Darling I am! The writing style is very lighthearted and fun. :) Kyra's a pretty name, but definitely unusual, too. It must be rare for out to come across it.

message 3: by Tandie (new) - added it

Tandie I'm interested to hear what you think of this book. I've never heard of this author.
I was snooping your shelves & it doesn't look like you've read any Juliet Marillier or Cinda Williams Chima. Oh! You're missing out. I'm reading Shadowfell. It's so stinkin' good! I think you'd love Marillier's writing.

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby Hoping you like it. It's been heavily rec'd to me, so I'm hoping it stands up to the hype. *fingers crossed*

message 5: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth  (YA Books Central) I am looking forward to your review on this one! I am considering reading it :)

message 6: by Oz (new) - added it

Oz Sad to see this'll be the only book by this author :( hope you enjoyed it Wendy.

Wendy Darling Sophie, I love it so far--the voice is bright and funny and a pleasure to read. I've been in weird reading moods lately so I'm not going through it as quickly as usual, but I definitely like it. I think you would, too.

Tandie--this is the author's first book, and sadly, her last, too. She died two years ago shortly after getting her contract. Marillier and CWC have both been recommended to me many times, and I will absolutely try them sometime.

Beth--do read it! It's very fun. :)

I know, Oz--it's very sad that it's the only book we'll ever get from this author. :(

message 8: by Tandie (new) - added it

Tandie That is sad. It makes me want to read her one book all the more & appreciate the story. (Hope it's a good read!)

I recommend Marillier's Daughter of the Forest or Wildwood Dancing for your first try. The Sevenwaters series are all stand-alone stories.

CWC's The Demon King. I only tried one of her Heir books, but I didn't love it as much. They seem written for a younger YA crowd. She has a new Heir book coming out, so i'm going to take another stab at it.

message 9: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby I completely understand weird reading moods. Been in one myself. Stories that normally wouldn't click with me have been clicking away. Go figure. ;)

message 10: by Wendy Darling (last edited Mar 13, 2013 10:08AM) (new) - added it

Wendy Darling It's a great read (see comments above), Tandie--and both those JM books are on my list!

Sophie, I posted this quote by Alain de Botton on Tumblr recently that says "Most of what makes a book 'good' is that we are reading it at the right moment for us." I think there's often a lot of truth in that.

message 11: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby Love that quote. Yes. So much depends on the time/mood/place in life. I'm going to tweet that. So true.

Kristen Aww I enjoyed this one! I totally agree that it was lighthearted and fun I hope you like it :)

Tabitha (Pabkins) How sad! Her first and last book. This one caught my eye - I'll have to pick it up.

Melodramaticfool i finished this today! It's really cute :)