Normacarpenter's Reviews > Redwall

Redwall by Brian Jacques

U 50x66
Dec 08, 11

I first read this when I was 6. Yes, a 6 year old reading this book. If it weren't for my brother, I wouldn't have my love for reading (Over 200 books read within my 14 years of life, haha, tryhard much?). He handed me this book one day when I was in his room bugging him, and told me to read it. So I did. Took me almost a month. I understood the mole language very well, and put the 'big' words in their graves. Teachers idol me, and they want me as their student for bragging rights. "Oh, well Jennifer's my student in lit. She had over 400 AR points in 7th grade, her goal is over 1,000 for this year!" Yeah. Thanks teach'. Re-read this book at 12ish, started all the other books in the series.
But I digress.

[image error]
Brian Jacquesis an awesome author. Even though he's British and writes 'flavour', 'colour', etc, he's still very well at writing. The mole language, and other languages, may be complicated at times. Redwall takes little animals and makes them into heroes. Epic much? The story is well written, and keeps you reading until your eyeballs fall out. I recommend this book to anyone.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redwall.