Karen Syed's Reviews > Skeleton in a Dead Space

Skeleton in a Dead Space by Judy Alter

Dec 08, 11

bookshelves: mysteries, kindle, ebooks
Read in November, 2011

You should really read this book. I mean if you like cozy mysteries with spunky heroines and situations that could easily happen to you. from the opening chapter, Judy Alter takes the reader through the adventures of a real estate agent who just happens to own a property with a skeleton in the closet. Literally.

When first we meet Kelly O'Connell it appears she is at the beginning of a normal day. But one phone call changes all of that. She's got a remodel going on and now there's a dead body, and old dead body, mucking it up.

From the discovery of the body to the resolution of the mystery, the author treats readers to a variety of unique characters and situations. We get goofy people, we get seriously mean villains, and we get a hint of potential romance.

No one aspect overshadows any of the others and I consider this to be one of the best paced stories I've read in a while. Not a particularly clever mystery, but solid and enjoyable. I look forward to the next book in the series. This is author one to watch.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skeleton in a Dead Space.