Rita Webb's Reviews > Fate's Edge

Dec 23, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, romance, paranormal
Read from December 08 to 23, 2011

My Synopsis
Kaldar Mar (conman, grifter, thief, spy) works for the Mirror in the Weird, and when an important West Egyptian (located where Florida is in the Broken) artifact is stolen, he is sent out to retrieve it. The thief he finds turns out to be more than he bargained for.

Audrey can match him wit for wit, and in their first fifteen minutes of conversation, she manages to (1) taser him,
(2) zipper-tie him to a chair,
(3) escape to the Edge before he can get her

Thankfully, he has a back up plan: 14-year-old George (a necromancer) and 12-year-old Jack (lynx shapechanger) who stowed away on board his wyvern.

With the help of the boys, Kaldar convinces her that the items she stole for her father will get a lot of people killed. Determined to make things right, she joins forces with Kaldar to find the fencer who now has the magic bracelets.

Unfortunately, the Hand is on their tail. They must get to the missing bracelets before the Hand kills them.

My Thoughts
Audrey and Kaldar make an awesome match. In some ways, they are too much alike, and that is what ratchets up the tension. Best Edge book yet? Hard to say, but I know I'm loving this series. Can't wait for the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fate's Edge.

12/12/2011 "Just got this as a birthday present. Happy, happy, happy!"
12/20/2011 "I'm loving this book. Seeing George and Jack again, only this time a little older, is great. Neither of them adjusted very well to their life in the Weird, and their interactions were well played."
100.0% "Loved it."