Heather's Reviews > Through the Veil

F 50x66
Jun 21, 2008

liked it
Read in June, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I thought this book was okay. Perhaps it should have been several books long in order to expand on the characters and situations as much as I would have liked. We find out only the basics of Lee's family before her father is killed. We hear about brothers that never materialize. We never find out what happened to to old guy in charge of the demons. We never find out what happens to Dais. We never see anything more of Lee's old life and her making more of a transition. I'm sure I'm not supposed to think about it, but Lee had friends and a job and suddenly she just disappears from her apartment that is cracked to hell and covered in blood.
I didn't really believe Kalen much. Maybe it's because he seemed to fade into the background for the last half of the book, only to appear at sex scenes.
There were also several words that were incredibly overused in the first 1/3 of the book- "belly," "fisted," and "her sex" amongst others. They then continued to annoy me the rest of the book even though they did not appear as often.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through the Veil.