Nicola 's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Mar 16, 12

bookshelves: library-books, young-adult, still-reading-series
Read from March 15 to 16, 2012

I definitely make no secret of the fact that I love Cassandra Clare's books! I've adored The Mortal Instruments from the beginning and I really enjoyed the first Infernal Devices book, Clockwork Angel. So of course I was delighted when I was finally able to get my hands on a copy of Clockwork Prince and I started it immediately. It definitely wasn't a let down and I was really pleased with it over all.

The writing is still as wonderful as ever. I find it so easy to get lost in these stories. The writing flows so easily that I find myself having read 100 pages without even looking up from the book. Clockwork Prince was definitely captivating and almost impossible to set down! The plot continues to be fascinating and complex. There are lots of twists along the way and I feel like I never really know where the book is heading next. Unlike lots of book twos, this one actually manages to move the plot along and didn't feel like a filler at all!

My feelings about a lot of the characters really changed as I read this one. I felt like I could connect with Tessa a lot more. She felt much more real in this one than she did in Clockwork Angel and I really started to like her. I loved finding out more about Will! He was so mysterious in book one that it was hard to decide whether to like him or not. It was awesome finding out his background and I really hadn't suspected any of it. I thought he was just mean for the sake of it! I didn't warm to Jem in the first book but he was simply lovely in this one! His personality really shines through and you can see that he's sweet and strong despite his illness and his inevitably sad future.

Of course, the ending really leaves us hanging and I do not know how I'm going to handle the wait for book three! While cliffhangers can be exciting, they really just drive me crazy. I'm sure that anyone who enjoyed the first book in this series will definitely adore this one.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

03/15/2012 page 1