Sunflower's Reviews > The Cat Lover's Devotional

The Cat Lover's Devotional by M.R. Wells

Dec 08, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-book-reviews, first-wild-card-tour

As a cat owner (and a dog owner), I was thrilled to be able to read and review, "The Cat Lover's Devotional" and could relate to the many humorous but faith filled anecdotes that were shared through out the book.

Despite their reputation for being independent, anti-social creatures, the cat that we have and is a part of the family, has both changed our view of this "mysterious species" and warmed our hearts including those who didn't have much love (or care for cats), so I found myself just connecting with how cats are a reminder, in a lot of ways, how God's word itself, can warm and become a part of our own hearts.

Beginning with delightful quotes, filled with scripture and thought provoking questions, that takes a feline adventures and asks the reader, life applicable situations, "The Cat Lover's Devotional" is a purrrfect, cold weather, in need of a heart lift, encouragement, read that will delight the hearts of even those who do not own cats.

I thought this was perfect for those who do own cats, and could relate to the idiosyncrasy behavior of cats and also understand the complexity of feline behavior that often shows a sense of companionship and warmth that is comparable to dogs, but also different in that, while dogs are completely open to anyone, cats tend to require more time and trust to develop that friendship.

However, this isn't a book about cats and their idosyncrasy...this is a book sharing God's perspective and encouragement from the viewpoints of felines; Stories are short and make for great morning devotionals and readers would enjoy sharing this with fellow cat lovers or just those looking for encouragements to start their day.

It is worth taking the time to discover!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cat Lover's Devotional.