Romancing the Book's Reviews > Mistletoe Wishes: The Billionaire's Christmas Gift\One Christmas Night in Venice\Snowbound with the Millionaire

Mistletoe Wishes by Carole Mortimer

Dec 08, 11

bookshelves: anthology, christmas

Review by JoAnne:

This was a Christmas anthology of romance stories by three authors I have not read before - Carole Mortimer, Jane Porter and Catherine George. All three books kept my attention from the beginning although they were quite different in their setting and storylines. The stories all centered around Christmas, had some tears, laughter, lots of conflict and angst especially amongst those falling in love. One Christmas Night in Venice was heartbreaking with its separation by death story but was so realistic in its telling and evolution that you had to root for Diane and Dom to heal, rekindle their love and become a family once again. All had a happy ending but took some time to get there. Both One Christmas Night in Venice and Snowbound with the Millionaire were very vivid in their descriptions. You felt as if you were in Venice in the one and the countryside of England in the other. Although I have not read any of these authors before I will definitely add them to my to be read pile and hope I enjoy their other books as well as the ones in this anthology.

Favorite Quotes:
The Billionaire's Christmas Gift by Carole Mortimer
Not only was Nick the man who gave her a pulse-racing and heady thrill just being in his presence, who gave her pleasure just in looking at him, who filled her with tingling arousal just at a touch, but he was also the man she wanted as her best friend, her lover, and her husband.

One Christmas Night in Venice by Jane Porter
Heavens. He'd noticed that, too. What didn't he see? Curling her nails into her palms, she forced herself to meet his gaze. "It's been five years since we've been together. I'm still getting used to the idea that you're alive. For five years all I wanted was to see you again, and now we're having a meal together. Definitely surreal."

Snowbound with the Millionaire by Catherine George
...They walked on, sinking ankle-deep on the paths leading down to lawns blanketed with snow. "The man who lived here lavished far more care on the gardens than the house. Too much for my taste. I prefer a wilder, more natural look. There'll be a marvelous show of snowdrops on the terrace soon, and later on the beds and the walled garden will be full of daffodils. Then great swathes of bluebells arrive in May." He shot a look at her. "You must come back and see them."
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistletoe Wishes.