Eunice's Reviews > Graffiti Moon

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

Dec 08, 2011

bookshelves: contemporary, favourites, obsessed-with, realistic-fiction, ya-romance, young-adult, multiple-pov
Read from December 07 to 08, 2011

5 of 5 stars

In all honesty, I can say that Graffiti Moon is one of the best contemporary books I've ever read. I started reading this last night and I found myself totally caught up with the book. I really couldn't stop even though I have a 7:30 class the next day and needs to wake up really early [What was left for me was 3 hours of sleep]. But seriously, it was all worth it. [Yeah, right. At third period I found myself day dreaming of my bed. LOL]

Lucy had been looking for Shadow, a graffiti artist everyone's talking about. His works are all over the city but he seems to be nowhere. On that night of their celebration for the end of their year 12, Lucy and her friends met Leo, Dylan, and Ed who seem to know who Shadow is. Ed took Lucy for an all night search to the places where Shadow’s thoughts about heartbreak and escape echo around the city walls. Little did she know that what she had been looking for was the one right before her eyes.

I so love all the characters! Lucy is such a lovable character. I love how she seems to understand arts sees the deeper meanings into them. Ed was the last person Lucy wanted to meet that night. And when I figured out why I really can't help but laugh and knowing that the person she least wanted to see was also the person she had always wanted to meet. Ed's a very talented person however he seems to be broken and lost. Seeing art as the only thing to put his emotions and frustrations he started to fill them out on the walls of the city. Other characters like Leo and Jazz are also adorable. I find Leo and his poetry really cool. He and Ed do really made a good team together.

In the end I love how Lucy and Ed face and come up with all the issues in their lives. I saw a very hopeful and bright Ed on the ending and an understanding and accepting Lucy. The ending was so sweet and simple and really promising.

This is written in multiple POVs, both of Lucy's and Ed's which made me really happy. Having both perspectives of Lucy and Ed made it easier to connect and understand them and their situations.

This novel made me really want to jump in the book, hug all the characters, never come out and see the continuation of their story. I would really love if this book could have a companion book. I can't actually get enough of Ed and Lucy. I want more of them! LOL.

Two thumbs up for this book! A must read! :))

This review is also posted at Book Overdose

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graffiti Moon.

Quotes Eunice Liked

Cath Crowley
“Kept dreaming of this spot she had on her neck, this tiny country. I wanted to visit, to paint a picture of what I found there, a wall with a road map of her skin.”
Cath Crowley, Graffiti Moon

Eunice Thanks Sam. Yes, it's really great. I didn't know I would love this book so much. You should read this too! :))