Donna's Reviews > An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It

An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore

Dec 08, 11

bookshelves: reference, health, 2011, greenmetropolis
Read on December 08, 2011, read count: 1

Whilst I was reading this book (which only took me less than 2 hours this morning) it seemed very basic, with lots of colourful pictures and very basic representations of graphs etc. Sentences like "a scientist said that....." or "some scientists think that......" with no reference to who these scientists were! It was only when I finished the book and looked properly at the front cover that I realised it was a young person's edition for 12 years and up!! Whoops, that explained it!. Luckily I'd bought it secondhand from greenmetropolis.com and have relisted it for sale on that same site.
Anyway, if you have/know a child around the start of high school this would be a good introduction to global warming issues. It covers topics like melting of ice caps, CO2 emissions etc and how it is the human population of the earth which is causing all the problems. It does suggest a few changes we can make like hybrid cars and CFL lightbulbs but doesn't go into details (I would hope this was covered in the adult edition).
However it passed a couple of hours hiding from the nasty weather (a consequence of our disregard for the planet perhaps?).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Inconvenient Truth.

12/08/2011 page 59