Kelly Martin's Reviews > Eternal Starling

Eternal Starling by Angela Corbett

Jan 01, 12

Let me preface this by saying that 9 times out of 10 I absolutely loathe love triangles and I knew going in that this book pretty much embodied the epitome of one; But some of the reviews suggested it might be worth it so I gave it a shot.

It wasn't bad, I give the author props for the Mines of Moria reference and some pretty witty banter. And I gave Emil & Evie's first "hello" 2 hearty thumbs up. But sadly I wound up disliking Evie through most of the book and it only got worse as the story progressed. It was like she was supposed to be this tough badass I could admire, but instead she came off as flighty and self pitying as she repeatedly told herself how tough and badass she was. At least she had cool taste in cars. And men.

Another thing that irks me is I don't like it when characters go from 0 to I-can't-live-without-you in under 2 pages with little explanation. I understand it's story related, but it literally felt like entire chapters were missing, and I was left going huh? What just happened? And while I also realize this is fiction, there were several scenes that had me shaking my head thinking no way in hell would that happen even if the story WAS true. I mean let's be honest, Evie's reactions to most of Alex and Emil's revelations were more mind boggling than the revelations themselves.

So, 1 star for witty dialogue, 1 star for 2 hot guys and an original story. My math is somewhat flawed, but there it is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Starling.