Mukkove Johnson's Reviews > Where Did Mommy Go?

Where Did Mommy Go? by Sherry L. Riffle

Dec 07, 2011

bookshelves: children-s
Recommended for: Grieving Families
Read on December 07, 2011 , read count: 2

Death is a hard concept for children to understand. To make matters worse the adults in their life are often too busy or so involved in their own grief they don't take the time to find out what the children's questions are.

Where Did Mommy Go? is a good reminder to slow down and get my children's perspective on what has happened and what they are struggling with. Sherry Riffle shares wonderfully how the things adults say make no sense to children. In trying to get ourselves off the hook with tough questions we can cause more confusion for our children.

My one caution would be to be very sure your children understand God requires us to accept his gift of salvation. People do not simply go to heaven when they die, no matter what. For young ones this can be as simple as ABC. Admit we are sinners in need of a Savior. Believe Jesus did all that was required for us to be right with God. Confess Jesus as Lord.

If, or when, your family goes through loss Where Did Mommy Go? may be a helpful reminder and discussion starter for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Did Mommy Go?.