Mitchehs's Reviews > Academ's Fury

Academ's Fury by Jim Butcher

U_50x66
Dec 13, 11

The book I read, Academ’s Fury, had me on my toes from page to page. Throughout the story Jim Butcher leads the reader down a hallway of twists and turns, picking up two years after the first book, Furies of Caulderon. Now a member of the Academy of Alera, the main character, Tavi, has to yet again stop an invasion. Jim Butcher set Academ’s Fury in the same area as the first book and also brought back many of the previous characters. This helps keep the book interesting by taking what you already know about the characters and adding to them. Letting them take new forms and giving us a different outlook of them.
Similar to the first book, Academ’s Fury uses previous main character Tavi, as the new main character for the second book. Just as before the story revolves around him, changing with his every decision. Everything that he does effects what will happen in the future. This gives him a sense of worth, a sense that what he does decides the fate of the kingdom. Butcher moves the setting a little further to the north, leaving behind the small valley and entering the kingdom of Alera. This change provides a larger picture. Letting you take a look at the world that Butcher has created.
Going along with other topics, the characters created by Jim Butcher are very well thought out and evolve in their own unique way. Depending on what hardships they face and what tasks are laid out in front of them. This gives each and every character a different critical part in the book. Whether they are serious or sarcastic they play a huge role in what transpires throughout the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Academ's Fury.