Stephanie Cowart's Reviews > Dancing in Heaven: A Sister's Memoir

Dancing in Heaven by Christine M. Grote

Dec 11, 11

Read from December 07 to 08, 2011

I was lucky to get a copy of this book from the author.
Dancing In Heaven: a sister's memoir is touching and inspirational. Annie's story is one that everyone should read. The way she affected her famiy and those around her was astounding.
Christine tells the heartbreaking yet triumphant story of Annie's passing from this life to the next. Interspersed in the events of Annie's decline are stories from childhood and other moments with Annie and how her remarkable smile blessed each person with whom she came into contact.
One particular aspect of this book that helped me connect to Christine, Annie and her familiy was the pictures that were posted at the end of each chapter. Getting to see Annie's beautiful smile and the faces of her family made their story even more real to me.
Though there were several moments while reading where my eyes were wet with tears, I came away from this book uplifted. The love that Annie received and gave in her lifetime is truly remarkable. The picture Christine has painted of her parents and their love for Annie and sacrifice on her behalf is so very beautiful.
I'm so glad Christine has shared Annie's story with the world. Read it. It will change your perspective and enrich your life.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing in Heaven.