SenoraG 's Reviews > 11/22/63

11/22/63 by Stephen King

Dec 07, 11

bookshelves: 2011, audible-com, fiction, not-for-me
Read in December, 2011

I can't say that I loved this book nor can I say I hated it. I am in the middle. In my opinion it was not our typical King and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It was long like a lot of his books are and I love that. It had multiple stories which I also loved.

What I didn't love was that it took a long time to get to the 'real' story which was stopping Lee Harvey Oswald from assassinating Kennedy. There was a ton of stuff leading up to it, some of it added to the story, gave it background but other stuff could have been another book. I found it to be more of a love story between Jake/George and Sadie who he meets when he goes back to the 50's and 60's.

I am going to go against the majority as usual. I loved Jake/George, I cared about him and felt like he could be a great friend. I loved Al who got the ball rolling with the time travel stuff. BUT, I just did not like Sadie! I found her to be just a little more than annoying and whiny.

The narrator was awesome and made those long chapters of background so much more enjoyable. The book held my attention but just was not what I thought it would be. Again I say, not a bad book, but not my favorite either.

If you are a King fan give it a read. It was a nice step back in time.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 11/22/63.