Melynda's Reviews > Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane

Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne Collins

Dec 07, 11

This was a fun read. I read it to the kids as their bed time story. The chapters are just long enough for the younger ones to fall asleep to and the older ones to look forward to the next night to find out what happens in the next chapter. Almost every chapter ends with some kind of cliff hanger where you want to continue reading because you can't stop there. My kids are 2-9 years of age and don't frighten easily so they are fine with these kinds of books. They are not scary just suspenseful. The characters involved are not your typical boy, girl, dog and cat. It has giant rats and bugs and bats. But my kids love this. If you have a child that is influence negatively by movies - this might not be the best bed time story - read it through first. My kids LOVE these books. We are a few chapters away from finishing the 3rd book. My 9 year old reads the book again after I finish reading the whole book to them. Suzanne Collins has done a great job with this series. The prophecy is a riddle and must be figured out for all to end well. The main character is 11 years old and he travels with his little sister "Boots" who is 2. My kids completely relate to the bond the brother and sister share. And his responsibility to keep her safe, fed and happy.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane.