Quigui's Reviews > Bedtime Stories for Cats

Bedtime Stories for Cats by Amy Neftzger

Dec 23, 11

Read from December 12 to 13, 2011

Bedtime Stories for Cats is a collection of short stories and essays, with cats as a central point. In fact, many of these tales (called Tails in the book), are written in the feline point of view – especially when it comes to baths. And feeding. And ruling the world. And being the centre of the Universe.

The stories were amusing, some playing with cats stereotypes, some going into mythology. And speaking of mythology, the first Tail is a kind of creationism myth, but I had a problem with it – you see, cat's here are portrayed as defenders of order (unlike those unruly dogs). But orderly is not the first adjective that comes to my mind when I think of cats. It's not even the 100th - at least not with my cats.

Since I brought up my cats, I have to say I didn't try the stories on them. They have no trouble falling asleep (and there is not a proper bedtime for them - it's all hours of the day unless everyone else in the house wants to sleep), and unless the speech includes the words Ham, Chicken or Tuna, they really don't care what I say.

Also at Spoilers and Nuts

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bedtime Stories for Cats.

12/12/2011