Annabelle's Reviews > Vicious Little Darlings

Vicious Little Darlings by Katherine Easer

Dec 28, 11

bookshelves: ya-mystery, ya-contemporary

This book was absolutely nothing like I was expecting.
First of all, I wasn't expecting the protagonist to be so damn amazing. Sarah Weaver is a complete person, with complexities and faults, and she actively participates in the world around her- making moves and mistakes that create consequences and push events into motion. She's funny and witty and a little strange and I just love her.
I honestly wish she was given a better story to live in.
Let me just say that I could not put this book down. I felt compelled to read and read until I finished the last page, because every word was another mystery or another clue as to what might "really be going on". I was intrigued. The story was unpredictable and the characters surprised me and kept me on my toes. I was right there, with Sarah, rooting for her in whatever was awaiting her, because with all the random and seemingly sinister events going on around her, SOMETHING had to be going on, right?
Needless to say the plot disappointed me. I thought for sure all the pieces were going to fall into place in the end and the purpose of Sarah's rapidly downward spiraling life would be revealed. Instead I was given a lame story that could have been ripped from the ending scene of a bad soap opera or something and was left totally unsatisfied.
Read if you have time to kill, but don't expect much from poor Sarah- her life really does kinda suck.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vicious Little Darlings.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annabelle omg the protag is kind of skanky? i like this book already.