Sarah's Reviews > Thirsty

Thirsty by M.T. Anderson

Dec 08, 11

bookshelves: engl-420, not-required
Read in November, 2011

Following the trend with vampire books, except that this has a less romance and a more interesting plot. We have our main character who isn't exactly a hero. He save the town and to an extent the world from this evil "overlord" of the vampires but doesn't manage to find a place for himself. In a world where vampirism is seen as a some kind of illness that can't be cured so vampires who are convicted of killing humans are executed. Seems like a pretty good idea.

Chris starts to think that he might be a vampire and it turns out to be true, but he doesn't tell anyone what's going on instead he just teams up with this team of "do gooders" who are trying to keep the overlord in check. In the end Chris is fooled into helping them and is still in the same perdicament as he was before except now his mom has started to suspect that he might be a vampire. I don't like that there isn't some kind of closeure for Chris. he still has so many questions about his own future. What will his mom think if she finds out about his vampirism, what will happen if he never kills a human (is this where Twilight came from, just kidding)? But I guess sometimes that happens for young adults. Sometimes there are problems that they don't want to talk to their parents about but they know they won't be able to hide from their parents either.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirsty.