Sloan Parker's Reviews > Take Me Home

2882049
Dec 07, 11

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: my-books-stories, m-m

My third novel. Best friends finding their way to forever in each other's arms

BOOK BLURB:
Aspiring television writer Evan Walker has been in love with his best friend since high school, but Kyle doesn’t do boyfriends. Never has. Never will. Evan knows it’s a bad idea to give in to desire when he wants more than a friend with benefits. He has a new dream job. Now all he needs is the dream partner.

Kyle Bennett is a mystery novelist with a severe case of writer’s block. He needs a change. He has three days on their cross-country train trip home for the holidays to figure out how to tell Evan he’s staying there for good. He also has to write the overdue pages for his editor. Only, he’s a little too distracted by the close quarters in their sleeper compartment—and Evan’s ass—to get much done.

The sparks that fly between them are hotter than ever. Good thing they have a real-life mystery to focus on: why people all around them, including Evan’s new boss, want to get their hands on a journal that once belonged to Kyle’s grandfather.

When a blizzard traps them in the mountains, Kyle and Evan steam up the train’s windows and must finally face their true desires.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take Me Home.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ericka Walden Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindi Can't wait! Really looking forward to it.

message 3: by Sloan (new) - added it

Sloan Parker Thanks, Ericka and Cindi. If you check it out, I hope you enjoy Kyle and Evan's story.

Ericka Walden I NEVER miss reading a Sloan P. book lady!!! LoL Sooooo looking forward to this story!!

Cindi "More" was my very first full-length m/m book. I've since read over a hundred. So any time I see you have something new, I'm one of the first to read it, so I really can't wait to read Kyle and Evan's story. And I so love friends to lovers stories.

message 6: by Sloan (new) - added it

Sloan Parker Ericka wrote: "I NEVER miss reading a Sloan P. book lady!!! LoL Sooooo looking forward to this story!!"

Very kind of you. Thanks!!

message 7: by Sloan (new) - added it

Sloan Parker Cindi wrote: ""More" was my very first full-length m/m book. I've since read over a hundred. So any time I see you have something new, I'm one of the first to read it, so I really can't wait to read Kyle and E..."

Aw Cindi, thanks! I'm so honored More was your first full m/m. I've always adored friends-to-lovers stories and have been writing to write one for so long now.

Cindi Just finished it a little while ago. Another great story!

message 9: by Sloan (new) - added it

Sloan Parker Cindi wrote: "Just finished it a little while ago. Another great story!"

Thanks, Cindi! I'm so glad to hear you think so. Thanks so much for letting me know.

Connie Just finished and I have only one request, the out-take including their next xmas together in the cabin for a week!Please? ;)

message 11: by Sloan (new) - added it

Sloan Parker Connie wrote: "Just finished and I have only one request, the out-take including their next xmas together in the cabin for a week!Please? ;)"

Hi Connie. Thanks for checking out Take Me Home. Hope you enjoyed it. You know, the next Christmas is a great idea for a freebie on my website. Not sure when I can get to it, but I'm adding that to my list of short story ideas. Thanks for mentioning it!