Bonnie's Reviews > The Thief

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

Feb 04, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, ya
Read from January 31 to February 03, 2012

I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say in my review of this but after a full 24 hours I still don't have much. I've heard wonderful reviews about this 'series', not this book in particular, so I was always interested in finally reading it and seeing what my personal thoughts were. Truthfully, I was pretty disappointed with this book and would have given it 2 stars if the writing wasn't so engaging and continued to keep me interested.

Luckily, I'd say about 2/3 of the way through the book something finally starts happening. I'm not going to do my little blurb on the storyline because the Goodreads summary will suffice and I don't want to give too much more away anyways. I'll probably go back and update this after I've read more in the series since I've been advised to not give up if you were even slightly disappointed by this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thief.

01/31/2012
6.0% "Chapter 2" 1 comment
02/01/2012
17.0% "Bit of a slow start but still quite good. :)"
02/01/2012
28.0% "Chapter 5"
02/02/2012
48.0% "So... when is something going to happen? At least the writing is pretty amazing." 2 comments
02/02/2012
63.0% "Finally... the story starts getting exciting. :)"
02/03/2012
87.0% ""If you could be anywhere you wanted right now, where would it be?" I sighed. "In bed," I said. "In a big bed, with a carved footboard, in a warm room with a lot of windows. And sheets," I added after I'd taken a few more steps, thinking of them rubbing against my sore feet, "as nice as the ones they sell on the Sacred Way. And a fireplace," I added, expanding the daydream. "And books." Sounds wonderful :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) *cough* readalong! *cough*

Bonnie Hey! I was JUST thinking the same thing. Great minds.. and all that. :)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) Awesome! I think we're the last two people on the planet who haven't read this yet anyway. :D

Bonnie I kind of got that feeling in looking at the reviews. Although I do see Wendy hasn't read it either maybe we can drag her in on it too. Maybe we could start this sometime after Siege?

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) Sure, sometime next week sounds great!

Bonnie Okay good. That should give me enough time to reduce my currently reading pile. haha

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) I'm currently rereading Kara Gillian. I need to get ready for book 4. I forgot how hot Ryzkahl is. Damn!

Bonnie Ahh! I'm so excited for that to come out!!

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) I preordered it about a month ago. I'll just sit on my front steps early that morning and wait.

Bonnie I've got the ebook copy on hold at my library. :D