Julie's Reviews > The Dead Girls' Dance

The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine

Dec 07, 11

I very much like this book. I liked that even though it's the second book in a series, it dosen't give a summary of the first. It starts very quickly, and I was so excited over the book, I couldn't wait to finish it. I read it on a couple of hours (I've read it once since, and I found out, I missed out alot, because I didn't read it closely, but I wanted to find out what it ended with).
The heat between Shane and Claire rises, and I like it! I think they make a good match, and Shane is like a dreamguy, despite his background.
But, but, but, but. From chapter eight, I get this bad feeling. It's still a good book, and I love it, but I hate reading after there (well, the second time I hated it, the first time, I wanted to read more, I was curius). Knowing what is gonna happen, just makes me cringe. I couldn't have stopped in the middle of the book, even if I wanted to. There is this time pressure, that really made my heart beat. It was so exciting, but I hated it, because I was insecure of what was gonna happen with Shane....
The book is still good, eventhough I was so caught up in it, that I actually felt bad, because of what happend. It is a well-written book, and I loved it.
But I've read it twice, and I'm starting on the third book tomorrow the 8th of December. I'm hoping on some romance between Shane and Claire, 'cause I love that couple.
All in all, if you're gonna read "The Dead Girls Dance", make sure you have time enough to finish it, because - if you live yourself in it as much as I did - you won't be able to leave it. But, I promise you, you won't regret reading it, and you will end up being relifed.
"The Dead Girls Dance" dosen't end with such a big cliff-hanger as "Glass Houses", but you still want to know what happens. I know I do! I can't wait to read more of Rachel Caine's amazing series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead Girls' Dance.