Iris (Paranormal Cravings)'s Reviews > Widow’s Web

Widow’s Web by Jennifer Estep

Aug 16, 12

bookshelves: with-give-away, urban-fantasy
Read from May 24 to 25, 2012

First I have to say that I am a HUGE fan of Gin :) So every thing Jennifers writes about her... I love it!

That said. Spider's web is already the seventh book of this amazing Elemental Assassin Series. Each book is getting better and better and when you finally think you have figured it out Jennifer pulls a great twist out of her sleeve that keeps you wondering.... Can this series get any better??

In Spiders Bite, the first book of the Elemental Assassin Series we met Gin Blanco, cook by day in her diner "Pork Pit" and the spider assassin by night she keeps running in to the strangest villains but at the end she pull thru like the kick-ass heroine she is. Besides these two jobs she have to fight for her relation with Owen! And fight her new opponent Salina. Salina returned to Ashland for revenge on those who stood silently by while Mab Monroe killed her father. Salina's family isn't the only one that Mab destroyed. Jeez ... I really hated that bitch Salina ... Supported Gin al the way to get rid of her!

“I stood there alone in the dark and wondered who the hell Salina Dubois really was, why she seemed to have such an effect on my lover, and what I was going to do about her. Because this was a matter of the heart—and one problem that all my knives and all my prowess as the Spider wouldn’t help me solve.”

A story is nothing without the side-kicks Gin can always count on her Family, Jo-Jo & Sophia, Finn, Eva, Owen and Gin’s sister Bria. It is always nice to read about them. My favorite is Sophia with her grave voice. But also Bria played a big part in this story and was for a change proud of her sister Gin.

I think Jennifer will get a lot of responds of her dedicated readers after they finish this book ... Widow's web is a emotional rollercoaster that gives you inside information about some street live history behind Owen and Eva's story but also about Gin and how much a strong woman she actually is. Gin just can't get a break. Problems are coming her way every corner she turns. I truly enjoyed this books, shed some tears....but I will keep an eye out on the future because in the end I think Jennifer is going to make it alright... I really hope so... I can't wait for the next installment of the Elemental Assassin Series to discover what Jennifer has come up next for Gin.

The Elemental Assassin series is one of my Top 10 "Favorite Paranormal Series" and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance stories with one hell of a kick-ass female!
Go Gin!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Widow’s Web.

05/24/2012