Avry15's Reviews > Abigail Dare

Abigail Dare by Jon Etheredge

May 09, 12

bookshelves: historical, romance, supernatural, reviewed
Read in March, 2012

originally appeared on: Bookshelf Confessions

I admit it takes a while to get into the beginning. It’s a little confusing in a way that the story jumps a lot that it’s hard to focus on one thing. Sometimes, I think some of the first chapters are not really that necessary it would even be better to start with maybe the 6th and so on chapters.

But then, once you’ve passed these chapters and really get into the book, it was actually a great.

John Etheredge is a good story teller who has a unique way of telling it. There was enough detail to understand and yet you always need to figure out what’s coming next and how it’ll end.

What I loved most about this book is Abbie and Bill's story. You might be wondering who these two are because they’re not mentioned in the description, but for me, the book revolves around them and their lovestory. Here comes then, a well-written book that speaks to the heart. This book is character driven. The characters may be imperfect but what’s going on with them keeps me reading it.

I would have wanted an expansion of their story. Their lives were too deep to be kept in one book. I have so many questions about them but I know it would be better kept unanswered. The conciseness of this book is somewhat a blessing in its own way. It spoke to me something deeper.

The ghost aspect though just made the story a little different from other love stories or even historical. Abigail Dare is not really about ghosts, just sort of.

About the ending, I wasn’t expecting that at all. But what should I expect?, the whole book is unexpected..:D

This book isn’t about fairytales coming true, this is about accepting reality and yet hope blossoming in everyone’s heart.

Abigail Dare is a fast-read book that could be contained in two words, inspiring and heartbreaking.

I would recommend to anyone who’s a fan of romance, historical fictions and even horror..:D
Highly Recommended!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abigail Dare.