RedMum's Reviews > Lightmasters: Number 13

Lightmasters by M.G. Wells

Jan 16, 12

bookshelves: favorites, new-authors, adventure, fantasy, mystery, mg-wells

A friend of mine gave me this book as a gift. I truly enjoyed reading it and wish the author continues with a series because I want more! This was one of the most unique, amazing books I have read in quite some time. This story really made me think about the magic of thoughts.

The LightMasters are an alliance of mystics from different cultures, who are guardians of Earth from evil, alien forces. The LightMasters recruit Jessica, who discovers she has magic powers on her 13th birthday. The LightMasters urge her to join their group, so they can defeat a nasty alien beast.

I enjoyed following Jessica on this most unique adventure. She's a highly intelligent, but a sad young lass because she lost her parents in a car accident and is forced to live with her grandparents. The cheeky Welsh grandparents are great characters and brought lots of humor to the story. The other characters were all so different and varied in their cultures and races too. The different way the characters spoke in this book was fun. It was so exciting to read.

I recommend this book to everyone. It's a fast-paced, action-packed story. It also falls into many categories like action, adventure, fantasy, mystery, sci-fi and thriller. The typesetting was also well spaced so it made it easy on me old eyes. It's truly one of a kind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lightmasters.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by RedMum (last edited Dec 12, 2011 08:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

RedMum I truly enjoyed LightMasters: Number 13 by M.G. WELLS and hope the author continues with a series. It was one of the most exciting books I have read in quite some time. The story does not involve vampire or werewolves, and I liked that so much. I'm so tired of all those kind of stories. This story made me thing. I enjoyed Jessica, the main character, and her grandparents, who were so authentic and humorous. I highly recommend this story. A real action-packed story.

RedMum I hope M.G. WELLS does a series on this. I found it very engaging.

Jane I agree with RedMum. I'd like to see another LightMasters Books from M.G.

Kevin A friend gave me this book. I'm reading it now and so far like it a lot.

Toni Got this as a gift and I hope it's a good as you say!

Georgie RedMum, where have you been?