Tasha's Reviews > The Front Porch Prophet

The Front Porch Prophet by Raymond L. Atkins

Dec 25, 11

Read from December 04 to 22, 2011, read count: once

I never usually give up on books, but this one I had to. I actually found myself skipping whole pages at a time. At first the book was awesome but then the author kept delineating from the main plot with all this nonsense stuff from the character past.

I'm all for using the past to tell a story but (an actually example from the book) I don't want to hear about the main characters Co-workers life from when he was born, then continue on to the girl the co-worker liked and he whole life story, which included her father and his whole life story. at that point I wanted to scream: I don't care about these other characters! I just want to know what happens with A.J. and Eugene.

Thank God I got this book as a Free Fridays book through Barnes & Noble.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Front Porch Prophet.

12/06/2011

dateDown_arrow    newest »

SEZIR I agree the first part was amazing! Then it lost it magic, I wanted to hear more of the adventure as they where kids and stuff like that. Oh well, *shrugs shoulders*

Rhett All of the stories from the past were used to solidify the bond between AJ and Eugene. Think of it as "Fried Green Tomatoes" meets "Stand By Me."