Kristen's Reviews > Deep Dark Secret

Deep Dark Secret by Sierra Dean

Dec 06, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, shapeshifters, wolves, witches, vamps
Read from December 10 to 11, 2011

GENRE: Paranormal Romance
THEME: Werewolves, vampires
RECEIVED: Review Request from Author
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
Do you know when you love a book and it’s characters so much? Well when you start yelling and talking to the book like they can actually hear you. Yes, this time around Sierra Dean sucked me more into her work of Secret McQueen. So much happens and some character make really bad decisions, well I think they did. But I loved every minute this action packed, romance, paranormal mystery with unforgettable characters.

Secret has made it to the top, well kind of. She has hunted vampires, werewolves and evil supernatural creatures and now she has taken a seat with the top vampires, but she hasn’t left her old life of hunting behind. When a girl goes missing and she finds out that it’s the niece of the Ocelot Queen, the means Secret goes back to work. But that’s not her only problem, she’s trying to get her life together with the two werewolf men in her life, all and all her life is never easy.

Secret is fantastic as always and the crazy mystery behind the missing girl and this killer she’s after is creepy and action packed. But no matter what’s going on in her life she still holds on to her snarky attitude and is always ready to take down the bad guy.

The boys in this one really did a number on me; my favorite is Desmond with Holden coming in at a close second. Desmond being Lucas’ the Alphas second but also Secrets live in boyfriend. I feel kind of bad for Secret because she didn’t ask for the bond between her, Desmond and Lucas, which puts her feelings all over the place. Plus she also has a deeper connection to Desmond, which Lucas isn’t too keen on. Then there is Holden, Secrets handler and vampire, whom really cares for her but is more of a friend; though he wasn’t as prominent in the book.

Overall a lot happens in the book, mystery, death, and of course the creepy villain. The ending was intense and lets just say I’m not fond of Lucas at all. He seems to not understand that taking things way too far, thinking that since he has the power he can use it in whatever way he wants. I hope that Secret takes matters into her own hands and makes him see just how wrong he was. In the end I loved Sierra Deans third installment and she really knows how to make the readers beg for more. I highly recommend this series that just keeps getting better and better.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is an adult novel with sexual content and some kick butt violence. Fans of Jenifer Estep’s Elemental Assassin series and Chloe Neill’s Chicagoland Vampire series will love Deep Dark Secret by Sierra Dean.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Dark Secret.