Melissa's Reviews > The Art of Racing in the Rain

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Dec 15, 11

bookshelves: kindle
Read from December 06 to 14, 2011

I really enjoyed the style of this book, the insightful, clever narration of Enzo the dog was so enjoyable and really has me seeing our own dog in a different light (I think I should 'teach' her more about what I know ^.~). Not only is the narration clever and unique, the story line is moving, connected, engaging and insightful.

If dog's could write memoirs, 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' would definitely set the tone and expectation.

"People and their rituals. They cling to things so hard sometimes." - page 8

"all dogs are progressively inclined regarding social issues." - page 20

"...that which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." - page 43

"But trust me when I tell you that the zebra is real. Somewhere, the zebra is dancing." - page 66

"Learn to listen! I beg of you. Pretend you are a dog like me and listen to other people rather than steal their stories."

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. Then we will cheer!" - page 136
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Racing in the Rain.